Find a quiet place where there will be no distractions for 5 minutes.
Read below and modify this meditation to suit your mobility.
- Extend your left arm out in front of you, palm up.
- Look at your left hand.
- Imagine it is holding or representing one side of a contradiction.
- Extend your right arm out in front of you, palm up.
- Look at your right hand.
- Imagine it is holding or representing another side of a contradiction.
- Gently move your arms into a folded position across your chest, with one hand on/near each shoulder.
- Notice whether your left or right arm is on top.
- Switch them back and forth a few times and see if you notice a difference in sensation.
- After doing so a few times, rest and hold.
- Breath deeply and relax into this position, imagining the opposing sides of the contraction to have found peace with one another, if even for a few moments.
- Release your arms to your side.
- Breath and notice.
- Sit in the silence for a few moments.
- As you move through the day, stay aware of how you are always walking with opposition, simply by the design of your body.